2.18.2012

A New Chapter

Well it certainly has been a long time since I've visited this blog!! While Mike was on deployment it was more enjoyable for me to spend time over here, caught up in fashion and the like!

But now - big things are happening in our personal life, and it seems only fitting to revisit the personal blog.

Right now, as I type I'm sitting in a bed at a hotel in IOWA! What the freaking heck!? It's true. We're moving to Iowa! (I still haven't figured where to appropriately add the emphasis to make it sound especially Iowa-ish. Thoughts?) In case this is new news to you, my husband accepted a job in Iowa! And I said yes. Heck - I followed him to Alabama, why not pick another completely random state I never had any idea I'd ever step foot in, and move there!! I kid, but the pattern is kinda funny. I sure do love this man of mine and am actually quite excited about this move!

At some point - perhaps around the deployment, we realized that when Mike came home, if the opportunity presented itself, we'd get away from Ohio. Many couples, our parents included, have told us about how "great it was for their marriage" to get away from home. Hopefully they don't regret sharing this, because we. are. moving. to. Iowa!

So I mentioned I was in bed at a hotel in Iowa. This morning a realtor that is associated with Mike's new company is picking us up and showing us various rental homes and condos! She is also going to give us a tour which will be incredibly helpful! (This is my first trip to Iowa, remember.)

Here are a couple of pictures of our adventure so far! Stay tuned for more!
 Quick stop at Friendly's before getting to the Dayton airport!

 all smiles!
 the first of many, I'm sure!
 serious about John Deer here!
go Hawkeyes!

Wish us luck today!

No comments:

Post a Comment