5.11.2012

Recipe Update


The other day I posted 4 new recipes I was going to try this week. I really enjoyed the onion burgers and will definitely be making them again. I mentioned a few things I'd try differently next time here.

The bbq chicken was.. ok. Nothing amazing and not terrible either! We ended up shredding it and making sandwiches out of it and I'm still working on leftovers for lunch! I do love a recipe that we can eat on for a couple of days - it's just hard not getting sick of it! Last year I made a shredded chicken recipe that had ginger ale and I think I preferred those. Regardless, a good reminder that bbq chicken/ pork is easy to do in the crockpot and will be in regular rotation at our house!

The korean beef tacos were pretty good! Not loving Mexican food I never make tacos so it was fun to have tacos with a different flavor profile! You really could get a Korean feel from the flavor! A little spicy, a little sweet! As with most crock pot meals it made a ton. I tried to pawn some off on my neighbors but they weren't interested! Mom suggested I freeze some so that's what I did! We'll see how it tastes in a couple of weeks to a month!

Last night I made the chicken marsala recipe. At a restaurant chicken marsala used to always be my go to! Sometimes it still is - I love the sweet wine sauce and sauteed mushrooms! This was the first time I've ever made marsala! It was actually really tasty and pretty easy! I chopped all the mushrooms about an hour before Mike came home and combined the chicken stock with the marsala and sherry in a small bowl so I could just dump that in! The recipe is not super duper healthy since you fry the chicken in oil.. but it was yummy and Mike said "Oh! This is really good!" - I love hearing that! The only change would be to try to thicken the sauce next time. This recipe is a keeper!!

It has been great having a plan and everything on hand. I like it! Today Mike's mom comes to visit! We are both so excited to have our second visitor! Mike has his 7 days off from work Friday-Friday so it will be nice to just spend time together and show her around the QC area! I picked out a new pork chop recipe and also plan to have Mike grill ranch burgers! Otherwise we'll likely go out to eat so we can show her a few of our favorite spots!!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment